Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Checked out my 419-8bs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Captgonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2007
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought four of these as "rebuildable frames" for $35 each. I finally opened them up lastnight and they're in really nice shape. One has a bad rub, one sounds great but has a 1/4" outward sag, two of them are really nice (no noticeable sag) and sound perfect. These came from a 70v distribution system in a gym. Perhaps they were mounted face down in the ceiling.

    I guess I'll just have to listen to the good ones for a while while the others get reconed. I was going to do all 4 but it doen't feel right to rip up a perfectly good 419.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well good for you. Remember good things happen to good people. You rescue a set of almost perfectly good loudspeakers from clogging the local dump. This seems to be a problem for older equipment. See this post at Lansing Heritage Forum:
    [ame="http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15363"]Can I just kill this guy?[/ame]
    This is my post from that thread:
    Be kind to the person. Just be thankful the buyer had enough foresight to actually get the speakers and bring it in for repair. It is possible the original owner has no idea what they are worth and probably doesn't care; and literally sold it for a song. I've seen many old things that are very desireble today that belonged to older people who had died, and the family didn't really know what they had and they just wanted to get rid of it and get it out of the way.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.